Welcome to the CES Library!
We believe the library should be open for your use as much as possible. We will open every morning at 8:00 and will stay open until afternoon announcements.
Exceptions: We will close daily from 11:00 to 11:30 for lunch and maintenance. Extended periods (2:05 -2:50) are reserved for the grade level that is having extended class, except for red day and pink day, when anyone can come during extended time to check out.
How many books may I check out?
- Students in grades PreK, KR, K, and 1 borrow one book at a time.
- Students in grade 2 borrow up to two books at a time.
- Students in grade 3-5 borrow up to 3 books at a time.
- Parents may borrow two books under their child's name.
- During the last half of the school year, many rising second graders begin to borrow 2 books at a time.
- Talk only at appropriate times. Use a quiet voice.
- Use polite speech and body language.
- Follow directions quickly and carefully.
- Take good care of your books at home and at school.
- Return your books on time.
- Do not allow friends to borrow your library books.
- Read, read, read!
- Always walk in the library.
- If you need a book from a high shelf, ask for help.