- VISION STATEMENT At Christiana Elementary School we are committed to our VISION of teaching and learning.
Engage each other in discussion and learning while supporting each other in taking academic risks. Are respectful, responsible, safe, and positive members of the CES learning community.
Work in peer led PLCs focused on student growth. Design and use common assessments to drive instruction and monitor student progress in learning. Create and facilitate collaborative classrooms of high expectations for success through the development of appropriate differentiated instruction that allows for individual difference and learning styles. Are solution oriented. Mantra “Teaching does not occur if learning does not occur”
Provides the highest quality education in a secure, positive, and challenging environment for all students. Promotes continuous data conversations within and across grade levels to target growth of all students. Creates opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to work interdependently on student learning goals. Aims for an atmosphere of cooperation with mutual respect for individual differences and community values.
- MISSION STATEMENT “The mission of Christiana Elementary School is everyone learning, every day, to ensure students become independent, responsible, and successful learners..”
- Children and learning come first.
- Education is a lifelong process.
- All children can learn given appropriate time, instruction, and access to resources.
- High standards and expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability for all staff and students.
- Students benefit academically in a safe, supportive, and stimulating environment.
- Education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership of home, school and community.
- Each student, parent, and staff member is treated with dignity and respect and is expected to treat others in the same manner.
- An effective balance and interdependence must exist among written curriculum, instruction in the classroom, and assessment for and of learning.
- Implementation of PLCs provides the best environment for internal collaboration and data based decision making.
- Quality faculty and staff are essential to school excellence.